APPRENTICE STAGE MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS Friday, June 11, 2021 5:00PM (ET)
The Foster Festival is seeking an Apprentice Stage Manager for our 2021 outdoor production – Regional tour. The successful candidate will work closely with The Foster Festival’s Artistic Producer Emily Oriold and Stage Manager Sam Hale. Preference will be given to residents of Niagara.
Candidates must be available for the full-time period of the production to be considered.
- 40 hours/week.
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends.
- This is a 4 week position with 2 additional prep days (possible 1 week extension).
- Dates: August 27 – September 26, 2021 (possible 1 week extension)
The successful candidate will:
- Work with Stage Manager Sam Hale to prep for rehearsal and performance requirements.
- Have a strong sense of organization and thrive in a supportive team environment.
- Be able to follow through on assigned duties with a strong sense of self-direction and discretion.
- Assist with the set-up and strike of the show’s props and costumes at each outdoor venue.
- Complete laundry duties as required.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- This engagement will qualify for an Equity Apprentice credit.
- Familiarity with theatre production is an asset.
- Familiarity with theatre safety procedures is an asset.
- Understand the importance of production deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle varied levels of multi-tasking and to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Valid Ontario G Drivers’ License is a plus.
- The Foster Festival has an extensive COVID-19 Safety Measures Document.
- All staff, production team members and artists must adhere to the safety measures as outlined in this document.
- All staff, production team members and artists will be given a copy of the document prior to signing an engagement contract with the Festival.
- Please note if you have a driver’s license, First Aid/CPR Training.
- Please submit CV/resume along with your interest and availability for the dates above to Artistic Producer Emily Oriold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name + Apprentice Stage Manager in the subject line.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.