CREW/THEATRE TECHNICIAN – JOB DESCRIPTION
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS Friday, June 18, 2021 5:00PM (ET)
The Foster Festival seeks two (2) Crew/Theatre Technicians to support our Production Team for our 2021 summer/fall projects. This position is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a professional theatre company here in St. Catharines. The successful candidates will work closely with The Foster Festival’s Artistic Producer Emily Oriold and Production Manager Rob Robbins. Preference will be given to residents of Niagara.
- 35 hours/week. There may be some weekend work required as the festival’s production week runs Tuesdays to Sundays.
- This is a 9 week position.
- Dates: August 9 – October 9, 2021
- This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program
Your responsibilities may include:
- Support all technical elements for our outdoor summer production (touring across Niagara in August).
- Assist with the set-up and strike at each outdoor venue.
- Loading and unloading elements for transport to and from each venue.
- Attend meetings and trainings related to the position.
- Assist with sound and/or lighting elements for outdoor production.
- Possible construction or refurbishments of scenic or properties elements.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Other duties as required.
- Entry-level familiarity with theatre production and technical elements.
- Entry-level familiarity with theatre safety procedures.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eager to learn and accept direction.
- Ability to do moderate lifting of equipment, set materials, boxes of materials, banners, etc.
- Ability to handle varied levels of multi-tasking and to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Must be comfortable working in a team oriented environment and able to work independently on assigned projects.
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary.
- Some experience with reading technical drawings is not required but is an asset.
- Valid Ontario G Drivers’ License is a plus.
- Be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- The Foster Festival has an extensive COVID-19 Safety Measures Document.
- All staff, production team members and artists must adhere to the safety measures as outlined in this document.
- All staff, production team members and artists will be given a copy of the document prior to signing an engagement contract with the Festival.
- Please note if you have a driver’s license, First Aid/CPR Training.
- Please submit CV/resume along with your interest and availability for the dates above to Artistic Producer Emily Oriold at email@example.com.
- Please include your name + Crew/Theatre Technician in the subject line.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.