PRODUCTION ASSISTANT – JOB DESCRIPTION
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS Friday, April 7, 2023 5:00PM (ET)
The Position of Production Assistant at The Foster Festival for our 2023 Summer Season, is a seasonal contract position. This position is primarily focused on the productions of Outlaw and Jenny’s House of Joy by Norm Foster. This position reports to the Production Manager primarily, the Artistic Associate and the Artistic Producer as needed.
Candidates must be available for the full time period to be considered.
- 35 hours/week
- Evening and weekend work will be required during production
- This is a 10-12 week position
- Dates: May 15 – August 6, 2023
- This position is pending funding by the Canada Summer Jobs Program
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the production manager to oversee all production elements.
- Assist with costing and budget management.
- Assist with drafting production schedules.
- Prepare for and assist with leading production meetings.
- Assist with load ins/outs.
- Act as liaison between each department and assist where needed to help keep each team on schedule and on budget.
- Manage the poor weather plan and work with all departments to ensure all production elements are accounted for.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of theatre safety and power tool safety is a strong asset.
- Familiarity with theatre production across various departments is an asset.
- Strong skills in scheduling and financial management.
- Creative thinking to adapt to a unique theatre set up (site-specific).
- Have a strong sense of organization and thrive in a supportive team environment.
- Be able to follow through on assigned duties with a strong sense of self-direction and discretion.
- Be punctual and reliable with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and has an understanding of the importance of production deadlines.
- Ability to handle varied levels of multi-tasking and to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- An interest in a career in theatre management is an asset.
- Valid Ontario G Drivers’ License is a plus. Reliable transportation to and from work is required.
- Be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Please note if you have a driver’s license, First Aid/CPR Training.
- Please submit CV/resume along with your interest and availability for the dates above to Artistic Producer Emily Oriold at [email protected].
- Please include your name + Production Assistant in the subject line.
- Please note that only the candidates selected for interviews or further questions will be contacted.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. It is important to The Foster Festival that we continue our efforts and dedication to welcome representation from a wide range of backgrounds and are making new commitments to diversify personnel throughout the entire organization. The Foster Festival is committed to creating an inviting workspace which promotes a sustainable career in the arts for BIPOC and marginalized arts workers in our administrative offices, our design team, and our backstage/technical positions.