PRODUCTION MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS Friday, December 16, 2022 5:00PM (ET)
The Foster Festival is seeking a Production Manager for our 2023 Season. The successful candidate will work closely with The Foster Festival’s Artistic Producer, Artistic Associate, Designers, Stage Managers, and the full production team.
Candidates must be available for the full time period of all three productions over our 2023 Season. There is possibility of an extension of contract beyond our final production of the season.
Shows to take place at Mandeville Theatre, Ridley College (St. Catharines) & a site-specific location in Niagara (still TBC)
- First Production (Jan 30-March 26)
- Prep/Build Weeks: Jan 30-Feb 23
- Rehearsals begin: Feb 24
- Tech Week: March 11-14
- Run: March 15-26
- Second & Third Productions (May 1 – Aug 20)
- Prep/Build Weeks: May 1-June 1
- 2nd Prod. Rehearsals begin: June 2
- 2nd Prod. Tech Week: June 17-20
- 2nd Prod. Run: June 21-July 2
- 2nd Prod. Tour: July 4-9
- 3rd Prod. Rehearsals begin: July 21
- 3rd Prod. Tech Week: Aug 5-8
- 3rd Prod. Run: Aug 9-20
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Artistic Artistic Associate, Designers & Stage Manager to oversee all production elements.
- Assist with costing and budget management.
- Assist team with Set Builds
- Draft and issue production schedules.
- Schedule weekly production meetings.
- Lead the team during load ins/outs
- Act as liaison between each department and assist where needed to help keep each team on schedule and on budget.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong skills in scheduling and financial management.
- Creative thinking to adapt to a unique theatre set ups (one site-specific production, two indoor theatre productions).
- Knowledge of various technical departments an asset to help troubleshoot as required.
- Have a strong sense of organization and thrive in a supportive team environment.
- Be able to follow through on assigned duties with a strong sense of self-direction and discretion.
- Be punctual and reliable with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and has an understanding of the importance of production deadlines.
- Ability to handle varied levels of multi-tasking and to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Reliable transportation to and from work is required.
- Comfortable Driving large vehicles (rental trucks for set transport).
- This contract is for a total of 24 non-consecutive weeks (Jan-March & May-August)
- Possibility of extension of contract beyond final production of the season
- Starting at $18,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Please note if you have a driver’s license, First Aid/CPR Training.
- Please submit CV/resume along with your interest and availability for the dates above to Artistic Producer Emily Oriold at email@example.com.
- Please include your name + Production Manager in the subject line.
- Please note that only the candidates selected for interviews or further questions will be contacted.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.