WARDROBE COORDINATOR – JOB DESCRIPTION
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS Friday, June 18, 2021 5:00PM (ET)
The Foster Festival is seeking a Wardrobe Coordinator for our 2021 summer/fall projects. The Wardrobe Coordinator will work closely with The Foster Festival’s Artistic Producer Emily Oriold and Production Manager Rob Robbins. Preference will be given to residents of Niagara.
This year’s projects will feature contemporary design. The primary focus will be to source costume design ideas and perform required alterations.
- 35 hours/week. There may be some weekend work required as the festival’s production week runs Tuesdays to Sundays.
- This is an 8 week position.
- Dates: August 16 – October 9, 2021
- This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program
Your responsibilities may include:
- Creating accurate measurement charts.
- Sewing and alterations.
- Research and shopping for specific costume elements.
- Maintain an inventory of any purchased, rented or borrowed costume items.
- Wardrobe maintenance – repair, laundering, show preparation
- Assist with the set-up and strike of wardrobe elements at each outdoor venue for Regional touring production.
- Loading and unloading wardrobe elements for transport to and from each venue.
- Tracking expenditures and maintaining detailed expense sheets.
- Other duties as required.
- Familiarity with theatre production and wardrobe elements.
- Familiarity with theatre safety procedures.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Understand the importance of production deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle varied levels of multi-tasking and to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Must be comfortable working in a team oriented environment and able to work independently on assigned projects.
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary.
- Previous experience with sewing and alterations.
- Valid Ontario G Drivers’ License is a plus.
- Be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- The Foster Festival has an extensive COVID-19 Safety Measures Document.
- All staff, production team members and artists must adhere to the safety measures as outlined in this document.
- All staff, production team members and artists will be given a copy of the document prior to signing an engagement contract with the Festival.
- Please note if you have a driver’s license, First Aid/CPR Training.
- Please submit CV/resume along with your interest and availability for the dates above to Artistic Producer Emily Oriold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name + Wardrobe Coordinator in the subject line.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.