Originally from Nova Scotia, Darren now makes his home in the Niagara region. And he loves it! He studied theatre at Acadia University in NS and trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art – LAMDA.
He has worked in theatres all across Canada.
Some favourite credits include:
- as Richard Willie in Out of Order, Drayton Entertainment
- as Charlie Barnet in One for the Pot, Drayton Entertainment
- as Frank Plunkett in Too Many Cooks, Drayton Entertainment
- as Jacob Mercer in Saltwater Moon, Blyth Festival
- as Prince Edward in Queen Milli of Galt, Blyth Festival
- as Tom in The Glass Menagerie, Theatre Northwest
- as George McNair in The Fighting Days, Essential Collective Theatre
Darren has performed on many stages in Toronto including Tarragon Theatre, Canadian Stage and Factory Theatre. As well as working across Canada from the Neptune Theatre to the Manitoba Theatre Company.
Selected TV/film credits include:
- The Girlfriend Experience, STARZ Network
- Beauty and the Beast, CBS
- Fool Canada, CBC
- Queer as Folk, Showtime
- New Waterford Girl, Feature
- If I Were You, Feature
- Hit List, Feature
No stranger to Norm’s new works, Darren has originated roles in Outlaw and 2 Foster Festival World Premieres, Halfway There (2016) and Screwball Comedy (2017).